The authors’ intentions and objectives are to overcome the previously mentioned disadvantages by writing a textbook that is relevant to the GCC countries. The book has the following criteria:
It maintains the same global sequence and steps used in the development of a business plan.
- It is written in straightforward English that can be easily understood by English speaking university students of all nationalities.
- It discusses the historical development of small and family business and entrepreneurs in the GCC region.
It applies examples and cases from the GCC market.
- It introduces a conceptual framework on how entrepreneurial innovation evolves in the region.
- It introduces the GCC institutions which support and develop entrepreneurs and business owners.
- It gives examples of how GCC entrepreneurs and small and family businesses thrive.
- It provides an insight on the laws and procedures that govern the small business practices.
- Most importantly this book lists and discusses the major factors for Developing Supporting Environment for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the GCC